Gay Games is a sporting, arts and cultural festival which promotes diversity, inclusion and acceptance. Gay Games 11 (GG11) will be a co-hosted event, and it will be the first time in the 40-year history of Gay Games that the event will be co-hosted by two cities: Hong Kong and Guadalajara, Mexico. GG11 will also be the first time that the event will be held in Asia, and in Latin America as well.
We are now recruiting Social Media Community Manager for Gay Games 11 Hong Kong (GGHK). If you are a dynamic team player who understanding fully of the art of social media story-telling is as essential as the ability to execute projects of all sizes, transferring the Identity, message and meaning of GGHK into valuable social content. This is a great opportunity for you to be part of the international team.
GGHK will take place on 3-11 November 2023, the first event of its kind in Asia. Under the theme “Unity in Diversity”, GGHK will feature a wide variety of inclusive sporting events, opening and closing ceremonies, a festival village, and arts & culture events. The Social Medial Community Manager plays a vital role to develop engaging content and create an online community for Gay Games11.
- Create, edit and promote social media content in various formats, eg. feeds, videos, photos, etc
- Post update regularly to raise public interest and assist in operating of all Gay Game social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, WeChat, Weibo, YouTube, etc
- Keep track of all trending topics and create instant content with creatives across different platforms
- Take action to all changes in trends and drive engagement to online platforms
- Act as an ambassador for GGHK on relevant groups and communities on various social media platforms
- Degree holder preferably in Journalism, Communication or related, experience in online environment would be a distinct advantage
- 2-3 years relevant social media experience in is preferred but recent graduates who are passionate to gain social media marketing experience will also be considered
- Excellent writing skills in one or more of the following languages
- Traditional Chinese
- Simplified Chinese
- If you are fluent in other languages, please let us know.
- Proficient in photo and video editing software (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro) is highly preferred
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Social media savvy who can act quick with ad-hoc happenings
- Understanding of global digital social markets with focus on International Sport and Arts and Culture Events
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a volunteer position. 1-2 hours (Per Day)
More about the GGHK
GGHK is a 9-days international world-class diversity festival with multi-sports, arts & culture events and opening & closing ceremonies organised by the LGBTQ+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, +) community, organised every 4 years. GG11 is organised by GGHK under license of the Federation of Gay Games. The spirit of equality is enshrined in the Games’ principle of inclusion: Participation, Inclusion and Personal Best.
GGHK will take place on 3-11 November 2023, the first event of its kind in Asia under the theme “Unity in Diversity”. Supporting organisations include the Equal Opportunities Commission, InvestHK, BrandHK and the Hong Kong Tourism Board.
Please submit your application of interest to Volunteer Application Link.