Gay Games is a sporting, arts and cultural festival which promotes diversity, inclusion and acceptance. Gay Games 11 (GG11) will be a co-hosted event, and it will be the first time in the 40-year history of Gay Games that the event will be co-hosted by two cities: Hong Kong and Guadalajara, Mexico. GG11 will also be the first time that the event will be held in Asia, and in Latin America as well.
We are recruiting now for a Secuirty & Resilience Coordinator for Gay Games 11 Hong Kong (GGHK). If you have experience in physical security, crisis or continuity management and are looking for an opportunity to develop your skills in support of a diverse sporting, cultural and entertainment program, we have a great opportunity for your to join our international team of volunteers.
As a Security & Resilience Coordinator you will be responsible for identifying, assessing and managing security and disruption risks to the Gay Games program. You will assist event production teams to ensure a safe and smooth event for the thousands of participants and spectators at the Games in 2023.
GGHK will take place on 3-11 November 2023, the first event of its kind in Asia. Under the theme “Unity in Diversity”, GGHK will feature a wide variety of inclusive sporting events, opening and closing ceremonies, a festival village, and arts & culture events. The Security & Resilience Coordinator plays a vital role to deliver a secure and resilient program of sporting, cultural and entertainment events across one of the largest sporting events of its type.
- To assist in the identification, assessment and management of security and continuity risks to the Gay Games program and its volunteers, participants and spectators
- To coordinate security and resilience planning with event production teams, venues and suppliers
- To assist in the GGHK response to security and disruptive incidents in coordination with event organisers, venues and relevant authorities
- Assist in coordinating security operations with event teams, venues, suppliers and government agencies and act as an advisor on security and resilience matters
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current legislation.
- Background in security, crisis or continuity management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- An understanding of risk management
- Ability to work with a diverse range of people
- Excellent partnership/relationship management skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a volunteer position. Hours of commitment will vary but we expect the volunteer can commit 4-5 hours per week.
More about the GGHK
GGHK is a 9-days international world-class diversity festival with multi-sports, arts & culture events and opening & closing ceremonies organised by the LGBTQ+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, +) community, organised every 4 years. GG11 is organised by GGHK under license of the Federation of Gay Games. The spirit of equality is enshrined in the Games’ principle of inclusion: Participation, Inclusion and Personal Best.
GGHK will take place on 3-11 November 2023, the first event of its kind in Asia under the theme “Unity in Diversity”. Supporting organisations include the Equal Opportunities Commission, InvestHK, BrandHK and the Hong Kong Tourism Board.
Please submit your application of interest to Volunteer Application Link.