Be part of a once in a lifetime opportunity, working with a diverse professional team of volunteers, to bring Gay Games to Hong Kong, its first time in Asia. Gay Games Hong Kong 2022 will be an inclusive event of 12,000 participants and up to 75,000 spectators inclusive of ceremonies and events, sports and arts and culture activities. Our training team will be an integral to building an engaged and inspired volunteer team, across all disciplines.
The Project Management Office (PMO) is a specialised team within the Operations Workstream. It helps the GGHK organisation to define and plan for its deliverables, whilst identifying and anticipating milestones, project risks, trigger points, dependencies, human and financial resource requirements, amongst others. The PMO also coordinates the periodic status- and progress reporting.
- Coordinate and manage proactively the project planning of specific working teams and across the organisation, working closely together with the different workstreams (sports, arts & culture, village, ceremonies, marketing, outreach)
- Update on a regular basis of the project delivery schedule, risk and related issues
- Provide regular project progress updates to the Management Team and Federation of Gay Games
- Attend regular meetings of the working team
- Manage special projects/events together with wider project management team
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Thinking three steps ahead, proactive thinking approach
- Experience with technology/project management tools e.g. Trello, Google Suite
- Innovation skills: You need to be able to think outside the box
- Ability to make project management engaging and fun
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a volunteer position, with a minimum of 2.5 day/week commitment.