Gay Games is a sporting and cultural festival which promotes diversity, inclusion and tolerance. The Gay Games 2023 will be held in Hong Kong and we are recruiting now for key members of our team!
The GGHK Production – Digital & Tech Delivery Workstream includes teams for Customer Experience, UI/UX Design, Technology, Infrastructure, and IT Support. We have a vacancy for an exciting new role in the Technology team!
The Information Technology Analyst is an entry-level position within the Technology team, supporting all digital content platforms and any internal digital infrastructure such as Google Workspaces, Zoho CRM, etc. In his/her/their role, the Information Technology Analyst will ensure all technology systems remain in constant uptime and are able to support our various teams perform their duties as we prepare for the Gay Games in 2023. This includes configuring and supporting systems like our WordPress CMS for marketing websites, sports registration systems, as well as any event ticketing platforms.
In addition to functioning as the source of truth for all digital content management, our Information Technology Analysts will also be responsible for implementing role-based access for other team members, handling change requests, and reviewing changes between sandbox, staging, and production environments.
This role will report to the Director of Technology.
GGHK expects 12,000 participants and 75,000 supporters to join in 36 different sports competitions, a 40,000 visitor opening ceremony, a week-long festival village, and an exciting Arts and Culture program in November 2023.
- An Information Technology Analyst is expected to support all digital and IT systems, the participant registration system (Fusesport), any spectator ticketing platforms, marketing website, and any additional internal technology platforms.
- This role will work closely with the Sport, Arts & Culture, Ceremonies, Festival Village and Events team to review and to configure the systems based on their requirements.
- If needed, this role will work with the Information Technology Lead and/or Director of Technology for any technical changes/support.
- This is an entry-level role and while extensive technical expertise is not required, some technical knowledge is to one’s advantage and learning on the job will be provided.
- This role reports to the Director of Technology.
- GGHK Technical Stack:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Computing
- Kubernetes for web applications and deployments
- Hashicorp Terraform for infrastructure provisioning
- Gitlab for source control management and technical project management
- Monday.com for Project Management
- Gitlab CICD Pipelines
- Zoho for CRM and Customer Support channels
- WordPress and other content management platforms
- Diversity and Inclusion Awareness
- Knowledge of, and experience with relevant IT technologies and data management protocols
- Ability to self-manage and follow project management paradigms such as SCRUM
- Excellent partnership skills and business acumen
- Communication skills in English.
- Cantonese is a plus! Mandarin is also great! Any/all Chinese language skills are also priority!
- GGHK has successfully adopted a work-from-home mode of operation. Your physical location is less relevant.
- Although most colleagues operate in the Hong Kong time zone, you may be in contact with volunteers and counterparties from all over the world.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a volunteer position.
- Typically the Technology team has locked into a schedule that supports off-hours working requirements for many volunteers who also have FTE engagements
- Hours of commitment may vary, however typically Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings are established times for regular meeting cadences and collaborative sessions