Gay Games is a sporting, arts and cultural festival which promotes diversity, inclusion and acceptance. Gay Games 11 (GG11) will be a co-hosted event, and it will be the first time in the 40-year history of Gay Games that the event will be co-hosted by two cities: Hong Kong and Guadalajara, Mexico. GG11 will also be the first time that the event will be held in Asia, and in Latin America as well.
We are recruiting now for a HR Specialist/ Manager for Gay Games 11 Hong Kong (GGHK). The Ideal candidate will have passion to create a world- class experience for our volunteers and have experience
GGHK will take place on 3-11 November 2023, the first event of its kind in Asia. Under the theme “Unity in Diversity”, GGHK will feature a wide variety of inclusive sporting events, opening and closing ceremonies, a festival village, and arts & culture events. The HR Specialist / Manager plays a vital role to build an engaged and inspired volunteer team, across all disciplines.
- Provide HR support, thought partnership, and coaching to all levels of a specified part of the organization.
- Lead or support some key volunteer experience projects. For example, volunteer branding, volunteer lifecycle, recruitment and engagement activities
- Act as a single point of contact as well as credible partner and trusted advisor for stakeholders, to help the organization reach its strategic goals and long-term objectives
- Provide HR support, thought partnership, and coaching to all levels of a specified part/team of the organization
- Participate as an integral member of the extended HR community.
- Ensures that HR milestones and goals are met.
- Experience in recruiting candidate, volunteer with direct sourcing and headhunting experience is highly preferred
- Effective communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and experience of delivering the role of HRBP.
- Knowledge across the full range of HR contributions.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Mandarin/Cantonese a plus but not required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a volunteer position. We expect volunteers could provide 5 hours each week to support GG11 Hong Kong 2023.
More about GG11 Hong Kong 2023
GGHK is a 9-days international world-class diversity festival with multi-sports, arts & culture events and opening & closing ceremonies organised by the LGBTQ+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, +) community, organised every 4 years. GG11 is organised by GGHK Limited (a s.88 registered charity under license of the Federation of Gay Games. The spirit of equality is enshrined in the Gay Games’ principle of inclusion: Participation, Inclusion and Personal Best.
GGHK will take place on 3-11 November 2023, the first event of its kind in Asia under the theme “Unity in Diversity”. Supporting organisations include the Equal Opportunities Commission, InvestHK, BrandHK and the Hong Kong Tourism Board.
Please submit your application of interest to Volunteer Application Link.