Gay Games is a sporting, arts and cultural festival which promotes diversity, inclusion and acceptance. Gay Games 11 (GG11) will be a co-hosted event, and it will be the first time in the 40-year history of Gay Games that the event will be co-hosted by two cities: Hong Kong and Guadalajara, Mexico. GG11 will also be the first time that the event will be held in Asia, and in Latin America as well.
We are recruiting now for a Health & Safety Coordinator for Gay Games 11 Hong Kong (GGHK). If you have Health & Safety experience (especially with sporting or other events), we would welcome you to join our international team of volunteers.
As a coordinator, you will assist event planning teams to identify health and safety risks, develop safety management plans and execute those plans during their events. Your contribution will ensure people are safe, events run without disruption and protect the Games from compliance risks.
GGHK will take place on 3-11 November 2023, the first event of its kind in Asia. Under the theme “Unity in Diversity”, GGHK will feature a wide variety of inclusive sporting events, opening and closing ceremonies, a festival village, and arts & culture events. The Health & Safety Advisor plays a vital role to make sure Gay Game 2023 is delivered in a healthy and safe way that is in compliance with the law and adhering to best practice.
- To assist in planning and coordination if Health & Safety for the Gay Games program including general safety and provision of medical and first aid support
- To assist in the planning and coordination of COVID-19 requirements for events to minimise the risk of infection and ensure compliance with health requirements at events
- To assist in the GGHK response to to Health & Safety incidents in coordination with event organisers, venues and relevant authorities
- Identify potential Health & Safety risks and coordinate their management pre, during and post Gay Game 2023
- Work with production teams, venues and suppliers to design and deliver required Health & Safety plans at events
- Assist in coordinating with event teams, venues, suppliers and government agencies and act as an advisor on Health & Safety/Medical/COVID matters
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation.
- Background in health, safety or medical fields
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- An understanding of risk management
- Ability to work with a diverse range of people
- Excellent partnership/relationship management skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a volunteer position. Hours of commitment will vary but we expect the volunteer can commit 4-5 hours per week.
More about the GGHK
GGHK is a 9-days international world-class diversity festival with multi-sports, arts & culture events and opening & closing ceremonies organised by the LGBTQ+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, +) community, organised every 4 years. GG11 is organised by GGHK under license of the Federation of Gay Games. The spirit of equality is enshrined in the Games’ principle of inclusion: Participation, Inclusion and Personal Best.
GGHK will take place on 3-11 November 2023, the first event of its kind in Asia under the theme “Unity in Diversity”. Supporting organisations include the Equal Opportunities Commission, InvestHK, BrandHK and the Hong Kong Tourism Board.
Please submit your application of interest to Volunteer Application Link.