Gay Games is a sporting, arts and cultural festival which promotes diversity, inclusion and acceptance. Gay Games 11 (GG11) will be a co-hosted event, and it will be the first time in the 40-year history of Gay Games that the event will be co-hosted by two cities: Hong Kong and Guadalajara, Mexico. GG11 will also be the first time that the event will be held in Asia, and in Latin America as well.
We are recruiting now for a Fundraising Partnerships Account Manager for Gay Games 11 Hong Kong (GGHK).
A dynamic group of detail-oriented individuals who execute GGHK’s sponsorship programs, the team works closely with many other GGHK workstreams, as well as with the sponsors themselves, to ensure all deliverables are met and managed to deadlines. We’re looking for someone who enjoys working directly with customers, but also likes the behind-the-scenes work that makes an event come to life, as this role lives in the middle of these two worlds.
To be successful in this role, the person needs to be enthusiastic, a great communicator, love to collaborate, adaptable to many different situations and people, ready to juggle multiple projects, detail-oriented, and excited to work in a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
GGHK will take place on 3-11 November 2023, the first event of its kind in Asia. Under the theme “Unity in Diversity”, GGHK will feature a wide variety of inclusive sporting events, opening and closing ceremonies, a festival village, and arts & culture events. The Fundraising Partnerships Account Manager plays a vital role to bring our various partnerships to life.
- Work closely with our corporate sponsors to understand their business objectives and expectations.
- Translate their requirements to actionable next steps and collaborate closely with different GGHK teams including marketing, venue management, sports and event for execution and delivery.
- Ensure all sponsorships contractual agreements are delivered on time and at a high standard.
- Provide resources to answer sponsor’s questions, identifying needs for partnership customisation and further implementation where applicable
- Communicate consistently with clients throughout the contract lifecycle, escalating important issues where needed
- Fully understand client requests, documenting and engaging appropriate resources
- Strong communication skills, project management skills and time management skills critical.
- Able to develop a strong sponsoring relationships between corporate partners and GGHK
- Ability to identify requirements before the customer does and respond quickly.
- Solid oral and written communication abilities, with positive and proactive attitude and exquisite listening skills.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, responsible, and focused on exceeding client expectations
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a volunteer position. Hours of commitment will vary.(Please specify your expected commitment time for the volunteer)
More about the GGHK
GGHK is a 9-days international world-class diversity festival with multi-sports, arts & culture events and opening & closing ceremonies organised by the LGBTQ+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, +) community, organised every 4 years. GG11 is organised by GGHK under license of the Federation of Gay Games. The spirit of equality is enshrined in the Games’ principle of inclusion: Participation, Inclusion and Personal Best.
GGHK will take place on 3-11 November 2023, the first event of its kind in Asia under the theme “Unity in Diversity”. Supporting organisations include the Equal Opportunities Commission, InvestHK, BrandHK and the Hong Kong Tourism Board.
Please submit your application of interest to Volunteer Application Link.