Gay Games is a sporting, arts and cultural festival which promotes diversity, inclusion and acceptance. Gay Games 11 (GG11) will be a co-hosted event, and it will be the first time in the 40-year history of Gay Games that the event will be co-hosted by two cities: Hong Kong and Guadalajara, Mexico. GG11 will also be the first time that the event will be held in Asia, and in Latin America as well.
We are recruiting now for a Event Project Manager for Gay Games 11 Hong Kong (GGHK). An ideal candidate is expected to plan and execute a wide range of given tasks within a large convention. This person would work with internal and external stakeholders to determine their needs and then plan out the entire process, from initial concept to final execution. The Event Project Manager may also be tasked with managing vendors, coordinating with outside contractors, and overseeing other aspects of event production. The job is to ensure that everything goes smoothly on the day of the event, from setup to dismantle.
GGHK will take place on 3-11 November 2023, the first event of its kind in Asia. Under the theme “Unity in Diversity”, GGHK will feature a wide variety of inclusive sporting events, opening and closing ceremonies, a festival village, and arts & culture events. The Event Project Manager plays a vital role to support and oversee the entire Event Production team from planning to execution.
- Assist in the overall strategic management including event (festival village) workforce management, licensing arrangement and event operation
- Overall project management covering planning, developing, organizing, and implementing events for various sizes of events
- Source and negotiate with service providers including production house and MICE agency
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders for event preparation
- Supervise the projects production to ensure the delivery on time
- Supervise the overall budget, timelines and actions plan for the event.
- Make recommendations on the program’s budgetary and operational requirements
- Proven professional experience in large scale event production and management
- Excellent organisational skills and strong ability to multi-tasking
- Business acumen with knowledge in event production, budgeting, and reporting
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, and to oversee tight deadlines
- Strong sense of responsibilities and able to work independently and be a good team player
- Less experience/qualification will be considered
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a volunteer position. We expect volunteers could provide (6-8) hours each week to support GG11 Hong Kong 2023.
More about GG11 Hong Kong 2023
GGHK is a 9-days international world-class diversity festival with multi-sports, arts & culture events and opening & closing ceremonies organised by the LGBTQ+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, +) community, organised every 4 years. GG11 is organised by GGHK Limited (a s.88 registered charity under license of the Federation of Gay Games. The spirit of equality is enshrined in the Gay Games’ principle of inclusion: Participation, Inclusion and Personal Best.
GGHK will take place on 3-11 November 2023, the first event of its kind in Asia under the theme “Unity in Diversity”. Supporting organisations include the Equal Opportunities Commission, InvestHK, BrandHK and the Hong Kong Tourism Board.
Please submit your application of interest to Volunteer Application Link.