Gay Games is a sporting, arts and cultural festival which promotes diversity, inclusion and acceptance. Gay Games 11 (GG11) will be a co-hosted event, and it will be the first time in the 40-year history of Gay Games that the event will be co-hosted by two cities: Hong Kong and Guadalajara, Mexico. GG11 will also be the first time that the event will be held in Asia, and in Latin America as well.
We are recruiting now for a Director of Corporate Sponsorship for Gay Games 11 Hong Kong (GGHK).
GGHK will take place on 3-11 November 2023, the first event of its kind in Asia. Under the theme “Unity in Diversity”, GGHK will feature a wide variety of inclusive sporting events, opening and closing ceremonies, a festival village, and arts & culture events. The Director of Corporate Sponsorship plays a vital and strategic role in implementing, overseeing and achieving our corporate sponsorship target in the run up to GG11 in November 2023. .
- Act as our sponsorship lead to identify potential corporate partners for sponsorship, volunteer engagement and product sales
- Partner with Co-chair and Director of Fundraising and Partnership to develop and implement a plan for increasing the number of corporate sponsorships to support the operational needs for Gay Game 11.
- Work alongside the executive team to define the pitch used in corporate partnering meetings
- Network regularly for business growth opportunities and uses networks to effectively stay update on a regular basis of the overview of qualified opportunities to keep an accurate
and healthy pipeline forecast
- Coordinate and manage opportunities across the organization, working closely with the fundraising, marketing, village and people team.
- Strong corporate sales background, Prior experience as an advisor to or executive at a funded startup is preferred
- Fundraising experience is highly desirable
- Solid oral and written communication abilities, with a positive and proactive attitude and exquisite listening skills.
- Networking skills
- Innovation skills: You need to be able to think outside the box
- Operating with the highest level of integrity and transparency
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a volunteer position. We expect volunteers could provide 8 hours each week to support GG11 Hong Kong 2023.
GGHK is a 9-days international world-class diversity festival with multi-sports, arts & culture events and opening & closing ceremonies organised by the LGBTQ+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, +) community, organised every 4 years. GG11 is organised by GGHK Limited (a s.88 registered charity under license of the Federation of Gay Games. The spirit of equality is enshrined in the Gay Games’ principle of inclusion: Participation, Inclusion and Personal Best.
GGHK will take place on 3-11 November 2023, the first event of its kind in Asia under the theme “Unity in Diversity”. Supporting organisations include the Equal Opportunities Commission, InvestHK, BrandHK and the Hong Kong Tourism Board.
Please submit your application of interest to Volunteer Application Link.