Gay Games is a sporting and cultural festival which promotes diversity, inclusion and tolerance. The Gay Games 2023 will be held in Hong Kong and we are recruiting now for key members of our team!
The GGHK Production – Digital & Tech Delivery Workstream includes teams for Customer Experience, UI/UX Design, Technology, Infrastructure, and IT Support. We have a vacancy for an exciting new role in the Technology team!
Our Digital Localisation Manager will be part of the Technology team, supporting our Customer Experience team alongside our Digital Content Management team to focus on providing localised content – capable of supporting both Western and Asian audiences.
In his/her/their role, the Digital Localisation Manager will support managing all digital content and its translation process. Crafting curated messaging for social channels in English, as well as Traditional and Simplified Chinese. Working with Hong Kong local community outreach teams to ensure our message continues to get across.
In addition to functioning as the source of truth for all localisation/translation processes, we are keen to see our Digital Localisation Manager grow in the role and help support our content strategy as a whole for all digital channels – supporting both Technology and Marketing.
This role will report to the Director of Technology.
GGHK expects 12,000 participants and 75,000 supporters to join in 36 different sports competitions, a 40,000 visitor opening ceremony, a week-long festival village, and an exciting Arts and Culture program in November 2023.
- Actively manage and support content localisation for all digital platforms and channels – including active translation work, managing a team of volunteer translators, documenting process around content changes and localisation updates
- Engage cross-functional teams in identifying translation needs and opportunities
- Lead with passion and focus a team of globally located volunteer translators, project managing overall needs and specific projects
- Monitor performance of translated content, proofreading content and ensuring deadlines are met
- Communicate with partners on the end-to-end process and timeline of translations as well as making sure roles are clear between requestor and translation team
- Coordinate and manage proactively the project planning across the organisation, ensuring content localisation is a constant priority – supporting and working closely together with the different workstreams (sports, arts & culture, village, ceremonies, marketing, outreach)
- Update on a regular basis of the project delivery schedule, risk and related issues
- Working closely with other Technology team members to ensure roles and access are granted across all digital platforms to provide support for content localisation
- Ensuring a centralised repository of prepared content is available for social media use.
- Manage special projects/events together with wider project management team
- Diversity and Inclusion Awareness
- Experience with Project Management
- Structured way of working and methodological thinking
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Showing initiative, and proactive thinking approach
- Experience with technology/project management tools e.g. Monday.com, Jira, Google Workspaces
- Excellent partnership skills and business acumen
- Communication skills in English; however as a Digital Localisation Manager for GGHK – Cantonese is a must and Mandarin is also highly recommended;
- Ability to manage and support content localisation in Cantonese (spoken), Traditional Chinese (written), and Simplified Chinese (written). Mandarin (spoken) is a plus!
- GGHK has successfully adopted a work-from-home mode of operation. Your physical location is less relevant.
- Although most colleagues operate in the Hong Kong time zone, you may be in contact with volunteers and counterparties from all over the world.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a volunteer position.
- Typically the Technology team has locked into a schedule that supports off-hours working requirements for many volunteers who also have FTE engagements
- Hours of commitment may vary, however typically Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings are established times for regular meeting cadences and collaborative sessions