Gay Games Hong Kong 2023 will be an inclusive event of 12,000 participants and up to 75,000 spectators inclusive of ceremonies and events, sports and arts and culture activities. The Depurt Marketing Director will lead, manage and engage the GGHK marketing organization, supporting the marketing director in creating a proactive strategic marketing function and deliver a highly ambitious and effective global campaign for GGHK.
The Marketing Organization is responsible for all aspects of marketing of GGHK including brand, advertising, communications, social and digital, website, merchandising, partnerships, events – with oversight of PR, and local and international outreach.
- Provide overall project management and oversight for marketing activities ensuring on time and on scope delivery. Facilitate timely and effective delivery of projects and campaigns, leveraging collaboration with other departments and well planned project management
- Host and organize marketing team meetings (currently fortnightly) and facilitate timely and comprehensive updates within the team and organisation.
- Refine internal resource management and task assignment processes facilitating project delivery and even distribution of tasks across marketing volunteers
- Develop and deliver an efficient and comprehensive process volunteer on boarding and induction ensuring volunteers are inspired, engaged and understand GGHK processes, priorities and resources.
- Keep volunteers motivated and engaged with a thoughtful and supportive team building programme
- Work closely with marketing director, marketing managers and recruitment team to recruit necessary talents for the team
- Attend core and management team meetings as needed to represent marketing, to cover for the Marketing Director
Who You Are
- Successful track record of managing and delivering complex projects
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with the Google suite or related software.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a volunteer position, with a minimum of 2.5 day/week commitment.