Gay Games is a sporting and cultural festival which promotes diversity, inclusion and tolerance. The Gay Games 2023 will be held in Hong Kong and we are recruiting now for key members of our team!
The GGHK Production – Digital & Tech Delivery Workstream includes teams for Customer Journey, Customer Experience, UI/UX Design, Technology, Infrastructure, and IT Support. In addition, our Marketing Team has a wide range of talent to support Public Relations, Social Media Campaigns, Data Analytics, and Customer Engagement. We have a vacancy for an exciting new role that would help support both these teams
Our Copywriter/Content Creationist will be part of the Marketing team, forming the linking pin between this team and our Technology team who will provide the digital tools and platforms. In his/her/their role, the Content Creationist will help craft all written content for various consumer engagement streams. This includes crafting quality copy and content for our website, sports registration details, customer FAQ, e-mail campaigns, support and knowledge base, press releases, etc.
This role will report to the Director of Marketing/PR.
GGHK expects 12,000 participants and 75,000 supporters to join in 36 different sports competitions, a 40,000 visitor opening ceremony, a week-long festival village, and an exciting Arts and Culture program in November 2023.
- Stay informed and consult with both marketing and technology teams to understand projects in flight and content creation needs across both departments
- Serve as the centre-of-expertise for all content creation and copywriting
- Collate the messaging requirements for the gghk2023.com website and various other platforms from all internal GGHK stakeholders.
- Craft unified messaging and assist in curating a larger strategy around copy and content that can be distributed across multiple channels and platforms
- Support content entry process
- Manage content change requests – support marketing team to make changes and updates
- Support a translation management process and support any volunteers from the translation team to convert any single-language content to multilingual: English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese
- Support the Director of Technology with content entry and documentation on platforms used to prepare content
- Coordinate the integration, testing, implementation, support, socialization and training for any new software or features
- Diversity and Inclusion Awareness
- Knowledge of, and experience with relevant IT technologies and data management protocols
- Ability to self-manage and follow project management paradigms such as SCRUM
- Excellent partnership skills and business acumen
- Communication skills in English.
- Cantonese is a plus! Mandarin is also great! Any/all Chinese language skills are also priority!
- GGHK has successfully adopted a work-from-home mode of operation. Your physical location is less relevant.
- Although most colleagues operate in the Hong Kong time zone, you may be in contact with volunteers and counterparties from all over the world.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a volunteer position.
Typically the Technology team has locked into a schedule that supports off-hours working requirements for many volunteers who also have FTE engagements
Hours of commitment may vary, however typically Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings are established times for regular meeting cadences and collaborative sessions